PROTECT THE CODE… AT ALL COSTS
In the brutal World War II Battle of Saipan, Sergeant Joe Enders (Nicolas Cage, Leaving Las Vegas, Adaptation) guards – and ultimately befriends – Ben Yahzee (Adam Beach, Suicide Squad), a young Navajo trained in the one wartime code never broken by the enemy, the Navajo Code. But if Yahzee should fall into Japanese hands, how far will Enders go to save the military’s most powerful secret? John Woo (Face/Off) directs this exciting” (Premiere) “against-all-odds battle adventure (The Toronto Star) co-starring Peter Stormare (Fargo), Noah Emmerich (The Americans), Mark Ruffalo (Avengers: Infinity War) and Christian Slater (Mr. Robot) and written by John Rice and Joe Batteer (Blown Away) and inspired by the true story of the Navajo soldiers whose courage and sacrifices helped win the war in the Pacific.
- Includes both the 134 minute Theatrical Version and the 153 minute Director’s Cut
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p, 2.40:1) presentations of both versions of the film
- Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1, French 5.1 Surround, Spanish 5.1 Surround
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Audio Commentary with Director John Woo and Producer Terence Chang
- Audio Commentary with Christian Slater and Nicolas Cage
- Audio Commentary with actor Roger Willie and real-life Navajo code talker consultant Albert Smith
- Deleted Scenes
- ‘The Code Talkers — A Secret Code of Honor’ (23:12)
- WWII Tribute Piece ‘American Heroes: A Tribute to Navajo Code Talkers’ (9:00)
- ‘The Music of Windtalkers’ (4:30)
- Four Fly-on-the-Set Scene Diaries (23:37)
- ‘Actors Boot Camp’ Featurette (15:05)
- Windtalkers Theatrical Teaser and Original Theatrical Trailer
- and more!
- First time EVER Blu-ray HD release of the 153 minute director’s cut!