Still in the early stages of his career, filmmaker Jess Franco directed this duo of outrageously stylish, pop-art infused, horror-styled capers, in collaboration with producer and actor Adrian Hoven and starring the beautiful Janine Reynaud and Rosanna Yanni!
TWO UNDERCOVER ANGELS (aka SADIST EROTICA and RED LIPS): Diana and Regina are The Red Lips, a duo of sexy sleuths who take on only the most intriguing cases. After stumbling upon the strange disappearances of several pretty young women and realizing a connection exists between several of the missing and an enigmatic artist, whose identity is shrouded in mystery, they begin an intense undercover investigation which takes them on an unexpected trail of monsters, murder, and striptease!
KISS ME MONSTER: In their second adventure, Diana and Regina have been tasked with locating a mysterious red box but quickly discover that they’re not the only ones after its contents and find themselves at odds with a secret sect, which controls a small zombie army, and who are hoping to harness the power of human cloning — the formula to which is contained within the box. As bodies (some nude, some dead) pile up, Diana and Regina race against time to stop the diabolical organization!
Gorgeously photographed and tightly paced, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to bring this duo of under-seen treats from one of the kings of Euro-sleaze to Blu-ray, newly restored in 4K from their 35mm negatives!
directed by: Jess Franco
starring: Rosanna Yanni, Janine Reynaud, Adrian Hoven, Chris Howland, Michel Lemoine
1969 / 158 min (combined) / 1.85:1 / English & German Mono
- 2-disc Region A Blu-ray Set
- Newly scanned and restored in 4K from their 35mm original camera negatives
- Includes two language tracks for both films: English and German
- Includes the alternate feature-length extended Spanish versions for both films (sourced from tape with newly translated English subtitles)
- “The Red Lips Diaries” (46min) – brand new interview with film author Stephen Thrower on both films
- “The Case of the Red Lips” (14min) – an archival interview with director Jess Franco
- “Jess’ Tangents” (22min) – an archival interview with director Jess Franco
- Original trailers for both films
- Still galleries for both films
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles