• All 3 presented from Brand New 2K Restorations – worldwide debut of these restorations on home video
• Worldwide Blu-ray debut for ‘The Iron-Fisted Monk’
• ‘The Iron-Fisted Monk’ and ‘Eastern Condors’ FULLY UNCUT for the first time ever in the UK.
The Iron-Fisted Monk  – Sammo Hung’s directorial debut, The Iron-Fisted Monk introduced many of the choreographic and editing techniques that would become commonplace in modern action cinema. A significantly darker and more violent film than audiences were used to, the film was originally cut when released on UK home video, but is presented here fully uncut for it’s worldwide Blu-ray debut from a brand new 2K restoration.
The Magnificent Butcher  – Directed by the legendary Yuen Woo-ping as a spiritual successor to his earlier smash hit, Drunken Master, The Magnificent Butcher stars Sammo as “Butcher” Lam Sai-wing, a pupil of Wong Fei-hung (the role Jackie Chan portrayed in Drunken Master, but here played by Kwan Tak-hing who played the legendary folk hero in over 70 films). When Lam is framed for murder by a rival clan, he must track down the real murderer and fight to clear his name. To be strong enough to have a chance of winning, he must train under the original Drunken Master, Beggar So! Presented from a brand new 2K restoration.
Eastern Condors  – Quite possibly Sammo’s best film, this high-kicking tribute to The Dirty Dozen sees ten convicts offered amnesty if the undertake a deadly mission behind enemy lines in Vietnam to destroy a top-secret munitions dump. Featuring numerous references to Western war movies, such as The Deer Hunter and Rambo: First Blood Part II, Eastern Condors is an action masterpiece like no other, filled with incredibly dangerous stunt sequences and full-contact fight scenes that left its cast bloody and bruised. Presented here fully uncut for the first time ever in the UK, and from a brand new 2K restoration, this film is an absolute must-see!
- Stunning 1080p presentation of all three films on Blu-ray, from brand new 2K restorations and in their original widescreen aspect ratios
- Original Cantonese mono tracks for all three films
- English audio options, all three films include the option of “classic” English dubs from the films original international releases, and the newer English dubs produced for later home video releases
- The Iron-Fisted Monk –- Fully Restored Cantonese mono track, with original sound effects reinserted after being absent from previous releases
- The Magnificent Butcher – Alternate Cantonese mono track featuring a unique mix and different music cues
- Eastern Condors: The Export Version [94 mins] – Presented in 2K, a shorter edit of the film released to international markets
- Newly translated English subtitles (optional) for all three films
- Brand new audio commentaries on Eastern Condors and The Magnificent Butcher by martial-arts cinema authority Mike Leeder and filmmaker Arne Venema
- Brand new audio commentary on The Iron-Fisted Monk and Eastern Condors by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
- Multiple interviews with Sammo Hung, talking about his work on each film
- Interview with actor and stuntman Yuen Wah, talking about his work on Eastern Condors
- Interview with Yuen Woo-ping, talking about his work on The Magnificent Butcher
- Eastern Condors Live! – a live performance from the 1987 “Miss Hong Kong Pageant”
- Trailers for all three films
- Limited Edition Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on all three films by James Oliver
Country: Hong Kong S.A.R., China
Language: Cantonese / English
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
Subtitles: English (optional)
THIS IS A REGION B UK DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT Late Sept 2019
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER
AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE
ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
WE ONLY OFFER STORE CREDIT FOR THE CANCELLATION OF ANY PREORDER
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE