“BEYOND THE POWER OF AN EXORCIST
The mid-1970s saw the rise in popularity of films centring on the subject of parapsychology, led by Carrie – Brian De Palma’s classic tale of telekinetic terror. Precognition, or future sight, would be the topic under exploration in Robert Allen Schnitzer’s contribution to the psychic craze: the chilling and much-overlooked The Premonition.
Mother Sheri Bennett (Sharon Farrell, Night of the Comet, Sweet Sixteen) is assailed by terrifying visions in which a strange woman attempts to steal away her five-year-old daughter Janie. Are these bizarre occurrences the result of some sort of mental disturbance, or is something much more sinister afoot?
Featuring a haunting score from accomplished classical composer Henry Mollicone, The Premonition has remained unjustly obscure over the years but is heralded as a true classic of ’70s US horror moviemaking by genre aficionados.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• 2K restoration from original film elements
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Mono Audio
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Introduction to the film by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
• Isolated Score
• Audio commentary with producer-director Robert Allen Schnitzer
• Pictures from a Premonition – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with Schnitzer, composer Henry Mollicone and cinematographer Victor Milt
• Archive interviews with Schnitzer and star Richard Lynch
• Trailers and TV Spots
• Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: Vernal Equinox, Terminal Point and A Rumbling in the Land
• 4 “Peace Spots”
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil