From Black Christmas to Rare Exports, there has long been a symbiotic relationship between horror and the season of good cheer. Now, writer/director Eric Pennycoff (Sadistic Intentions) continues this proud tradition with The Leech, a cautionary tale about the perils of opening your door to a stranger.
Father David (Graham Skipper, Sequence Break), a Catholic priest struggling to fill the pews in his church, allows a homeless man, Terry (Jeremy Gardner, After Midnight), into his home to escape the December chill. But this simple act of kindness has unforeseen consequences when Terry’s pregnant girlfriend, Lexi (Taylor Gardner, Sadistic Intentions), also decides to crash at the parochial house. Determined to save the warring couple through the healing power of God’s love, David’s ordered existence quickly unravels as he succumbs to the wicked ways of the parasitic pair. Will he pass this apparent test of faith or resort to blood-soaked, Old Testament justice?
Agonisingly intense and rib-ticklingly funny in equal measure, The Leech serves as both a festive frightmare and a microcosm of the fault lines of contemporary America. Arrow Video is proud to present this latest inductee into the Christmas horror hall of fame!
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
– Lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 stereo soundtracks
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Audio commentary with writer/producer/director Eric Pennycoff and producer Scott Smith
– Live Chattanooga Film Festival audio commentary
– Virtual Q&A with director Eric Pennycoff and the cast at the 2022 Chattanooga Film Festival
– Preaching to the Void – a brand new visual essay exploring The Leech and Pennycoff’s earlier films by critic Anton Bitel
– The Voice of Reason – a brand new video interview with Pennycoff and actor Graham Skipper
– Introduction and Q&A from the film’s international premiere at FrightFest 2022
– Exclusive introductions to the film by Pennycoff and Skipper
– The Making of The Leech – behind-the-scenes footage from the film set
– Rigo’s music video
– Unfortunate, The Pod and Phase II – three early short films by Pennycoff
– Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Haunt Love
GUARANTEED THROUGH PREORDERS FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Julieann Stipidis”