One of the grandest German epics of the silent era, Joe May’s two-part adaptation of Thea von Harbou’s 1918 novel is an artistic triumph.
Conrad Veidt gives an incredible performance as a dominating maharajah who commissions a German architect (Olaf Fønss) to build the most magnificent mausoleum ever constructed, where he intends to imprison his wife whilst she is still alive as a terrible revenge for her infidelity.
Rich in exotic imagery and mysticism, The Indian Tomb is a stunning epic and a thrilling adventure. The Masters of Cinema is proud to present the film across two Blu-ray discs, fully restored in 2K and available for the first time ever in the UK.
- Disc 1 – The Mission of the Yoghi
- Disc 2 – The Tiger of Eschnapur
- Both parts presented in 1080p HD, across two Blu-ray discs from 2K restorations undertaken by the Murnau foundation (FWMS)
- Musical Score (2018) by Irena and Vojtěch Havel
- Optional English subtitles
- Brand New video essay by David Cairns & Fiona Watson
- A collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Philip Kemp
- Country: Germany
- Language: Silent
- Year: 1921
- Runtime: 243
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Colour: Black & White
- Certificate: TBC
- Subtitles: Optional English Subtitles
- Genre: Adventure
- SKU: EKA70451
- 2 Discs
THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT