“A small rural town and a family of outsiders, both trapped in the demonic grip of… The Brotherhood of Satan!
Recently widowed Ben, his glamourous girlfriend Nicky and his small daughter K.T. are on a road trip across the Southwest, which comes to a screeching halt when they witness an accident. Heading to the nearby isolated desert town of Hillsboro to report it to the Sheriff (played by L.Q. Jones), they are met with a hostile reaction from the locals, who are gripped by paranoia and fear due to a series of gruesome deaths, as well as the mysterious disappearance of eleven of the community’s children. As the bodies continue to pile up around them, Ben and his family find themselves joining the sheriff, a local priest and the town’s enigmatic physician Doc Duncan (Strother Martin, Cool Hand Luke) in the midst of a mystery that points towards a deadly satanic cult…
Produced by Alvy Moore and L.Q. Jones, a veteran character actor best known for his work with Sam Peckinpah, The Brotherhood of Satan is an atmospheric and chilling tale of terror that provides a crucial missing link between Rosemary’s Baby (1968) and The Devil’s Rain (1975) in the cycle of turn-of-the-seventies shockers involving sinister devil-worshipping cults lurking within the dark shadows of modern-day America.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
– Original uncompressed mono audio
– Optional English subtitles
– Brand new audio commentary by writers Kim Newman and Sean Hogan
– Satanic Panic: How the 1970s Conjured the Brotherhood of Satan, a brand new visual essay by David Flint
– The Children of Satan, exclusive new interview with actors Jonathan Erickson Eisley and Alyson Moore
– Original Trailers and TV and Radio Spots
– Image Gallery
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Richard Wells
– FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated booklet featuring new writing by Johnny Mains and Brad Stevens”