An allegorical story of violence against women and the dangers of victim-blaming wrapped in a classic monster movie, writer-director Gia Elliot takes no prisoners in her multi award-winning debut feature Take Back the Night.
Finding herself the victim of a violent monster attack, Jane launches a vigilante campaign to hunt the beast that tried to kill her. But her troubling history of drug use and mental illness bubbles to the surface, causing her family, community and the authorities to question her account. Alone in her fight, Jane starts to doubt her own memory of the attack… and to wonder if the monster exists at all.
Fuelled by formidable female talent both in front of and behind the camera, Take Back the Night is a terrifying suspense thriller that’s both an eye-opening exposé and a powerful rallying cry.
- High Definition Blu-Ray (1080p) presentation
- Original 5.1 DTS-HD MA surround audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary by writer-director Gia Elliot and Alexandra Heller-Nicholas author of Rape Revenge Films: A Critical Study
- Please Don’t Say the Word ‘Monster’ on National Television, a visual essay by film critic Emma Westwood
- Trauma and Space, a visual essay by film critic Cerise Howard exploring the idea of ‘safe spaces’, sanctuary and vulnerability in Take Back the Night
- What is a Body?, a visual essay by film critic Justine Smith examining bodily autonomy and perception in the digital age
- #MonstersAreReal, a visual essay by film critic BJ Colangelo looking at survivor unity, sexual violence, and social media
- Theatrical trailer
- Image galleries
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nicole Rifkin
GUARANTEED THROUGH PREORDERS. FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring a round table discussion of the film by Anna Bogutskaya, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and Valeria Villegas Lindvall, plus a double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nicole Rifkin
THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT