Wandering samurai Ryunosuke lives his life in a maelstrom of violence. A gifted swordsmanplying his trade during the turbulent final days of Shogunate rulehe kills without remorse, without mercy. It is a way of life that ultimately leads to madness. The Criterion Collection is proud to present director Kihachi Okamotos swordplay classic The Sword of Doom, the thrilling story of a man who chooses to devote his life to evil.
- NTSC Region 1
- Japanese with English Subtitles
- 2:35 Anamorphic Widescreen
- New, restored high-defintion digital transfer
- New essay by film critic Geoffrey O’brien
- New and imporoved English subtitle translation.