Set against an overwhelming desert landscape, Felix (Michael Lake, Sweetie) and Betty Crabtree (Rhys Davis, Dead End Drive-In) are eccentric siblings living together in an isolated homestead in a post-apocalyptic era. Modern technology is absent, with wheels and gears operating a variety of broken devices to assist their struggle to survive. When they encounter a wandering stranger named Smith (Norman Boyd), their simple lives become tumultuous as the wheelchair-bound Felix dreams of flying and Betty believes their new arrival to be a demonic presence – the characters all yearning for escape but seemingly do not know how.
The debut feature from Alex Proyas (I Robot, The Crow, Dark City) Spirits of the Air, Gremlins of the Clouds is presented here in its original 4:3 ratio from a 2K scan of the original 16mm negatives. This audio and visual feast has been resurrected from cinematic obscurity to coincide with its 30th anniversary of production.
- – Audio Commentary with Director Alex Proyas
- – Audio Commentary with Composer Peter Miller and Editor Craig Wood
- – Interview with cast member Michael Lake
- – Interview with cast member Rhys Davis
- – SPIRITS: Making a Post-Apocalypse Western featurette
- – SPIRITS SONG music video
- – Image Gallery