The story of three lifelong friends who overcame domestic violence, substance abuse and depression to form Life of Agony, one of the most influential bands in its genre, led by the very first openly transgender singer. Through the success of their ground-breaking 1993 debut “River Runs Red”, hailed by Rolling Stone as “One of the Greatest Metal Albums of All Time”, they channelled their cumulative life stories into a soundtrack for a broken generation. This newfound fame allowed them to suppress the tragedies of their past, but in its wake new obstacles arose.
Currently has a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes.
“The Sound Of Scars is one of those documentaries which starts with something very specific and finds the whole world within it.” – Eye For Film
- Exclusive Booklet on the Making of the Film
- Life of Agony/Raven Banner guitar pick
- Director’s Commentary
- Behind the Scenes Featurettes
- Other Side of the River Featurette
- Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn
- The Imaginarium of L.O.A.
- Q&A with Shawn The Butcher
- Photo Gallery
- Region Free disc