AN ISLAND LOST TO UNSPEAKABLE TERRORS OF PAGAN RITUALS!
Cult horror classic in which devout Christian policeman Sergeant Howie (Edward Woodward) finds himself summoned to a remote Scottish island to investigate the disappearance of a child. On arrival, Howie finds himself increasingly isolated and humiliated by the actions of the island’s community, who belong to a bizarre pagan cult led by the charming Lord Summerisle (Christopher Lee). As preparations for a sinister ritual celebration reach fever pitch, Howie, whilst trying to fend off the advances of the local landlord’s daughter Willow (Britt Ekland), begins to suspect what role the islanders intend him to play.
“The Wicker Man is influential not just on subsequent horror cinema, but on the thriller genre in general in the way it sets an artfully composed series of traps for its unwitting protagonist, expertly wrong-footing both him and the audience until the devastating ending.” – The Guardian
For nearly 50 years critics and fans have hailed Robin Hardy’s The Wicker Man as one of Cinema’s greatest horror films. This special limited edition set includes all 3 versions of the film in addition to a newly curated bonus disc featuring over 2 ½ hours of content along with the original soundtrack CD.
Limited Edition 4 Disc Hard box edition with unique artwork created by Author & Artist Richard Wells. 2000 copies.
Disc One: The Final Cut – (HD)
- NEW Audio Commentary by BFI film historians Vic Pratt and Will Fowler
- Burnt Offering: The Cult of the Wicker Man – 2001 documentary
- Worshiping The Wicker Man – featurette
- The Music of The Wicker Man – featurette
- Interview with director Robin Hardy
- Critic’s Choice 1979 interview with director Robin Hardy and actor Christopher Lee by Stirling Smith
- The Restoration Comparison – featurette
- The Final Cut Trailer
- Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio 1.85:1
- Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English subtitles
Disc Two: UK Theatrical Cut (HD) and The Director’s Cut (HD/SD)
- NEW Audio Commentary by film critic and historian Kim Newman & author Sean Hogan
- NEW HD presentation of the Director’s Cut, using SD material for footage unavailable in the Theatrical Version or Final Cut
- Audio Commentary on the director’s cut by actors Christopher Lee and Edward Woodward, and director Robin Hardy, moderated by Mark Kermode
- Making the Audio Commentary – featurette
Disc Three: Bonus Disc
- Interview with director Robin Hardy on The Wicker Man
- Folk musicians discuss The Wicker Man
- The Wicker Man Enigma – 2001 Documentary
- NEW Video Essay on the Wicker Man counter-culture, hippie movement and rise of feminism by Kat Ellinger
- NEW The Music of The Wickerman – Video Interview by author David Huckvale
- NEW The Golden Bough – Video Interview about the pagan symbolism and the influences in British culture of The Wicker Man by author David Huckvale.
- Ex-S: The Wicker Man – 1998 documentary
- NEW Video Essay From Dr Adam Scovell author of “Folk Horror: Hours Dreadful and Things Strange”
- NEW Interview by Musician Robert Reed
- The Willow Song – Promo Video by Robert Reed featuring Angharad Brinn
- TV Spot
- Radio Spots
Disc Four: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD