THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT
101 Films presents Screamers (1995), an action-packed sci-fi thriller starring Peter Weller (Robocop), based on Philip K. Dick s short story Second Variety, and title 013 on the 101 Films Black Label.
The year is 2078. The man is rebel Alliance Commander Col. Joseph Hendricksson (Weller), assigned to protect the Sirius 6B outpost from ravage and plunder at the hands of the New Economic Bloc. His state-of-the-art weaponry are known as Screamers: manmade killing devices programmed to eliminate all enemy life forms. Screamers travel underground, their intent to kill announced by piercing shrieks. They dissect their victims with sushi precision, then eradicate all traces of the carnage. They are lethal. Effective. Tidy. And somehow, they are mutating self-replicating into human form and slaughtering every beating heart on the planet.
Brand New Extras
- Commentary with film critic Kevin Lyons
- Limited edition booklet: Includes In Space, No One Cares if You Scream by Liam Hathaway and When the Machines Rock: Philip K. Dick and the Dystopian Dream by Scott Harrison
- Northern Frights An interview with director Christian Duguay
- Orchestrating the Future An interview with producer Tom Berry
- More Screamer Than Human An interview with co-writer Miguel Tejada-Flores
- From Runaway to Space An interview with actress Jennifer Rubin
- Theatrical Trailer