IN 1917, IN THE RED-LIGHT DISTRICT OF NEW ORLEANS, THEY CALLED HER “PRETTY BABY”.
Hattie (Susan Sarandon), a New Orleans hooker, meets a photographer named Bellocq (Keith Carradine) at her brothel one night and, after he photographs her, he befriends her 12-year-old daughter, Violet (Brooke Shields). When Violet is brought on as a working girl by her mother’s madam and Hattie skips town to get married, Violet quickly loses her innocence and focuses on reuniting with Bellocq. But a life with Bellocq is compromised for Violet after her mother returns to town.
Controversial at the time of release as the story centred on the taboo theme of child prostitution. Acclaimed director Louis Malle created a film of humanity and beauty and is a must-see for all serious film fans.
Starring Brooke Shields, Keith Carradine & Susan Sarandon.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- 1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-Ray from a newly restored 4K scan by Paramount Pictures
- NEW Audio commentary with film historian Kat Ellinger
- NEW The American Films of Louis Malle – video essay by filmmaker Daniel Kremer
- NEW Interview with actress Brooke Shields
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Aspect Ratio 1.85:1
- Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
- Optional English HOH subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies with unique artwork
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS RELEASED IN THE AUSTRALIA IN OCTOBER 2022. WE WILL EXPECT TO HAVE THEM IN STOCK AND SHIPPING AFTER RELEASE. WE CANNOT SHIP IMPORTS BY STREET DATE
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER
AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE
ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
WE ONLY OFFER STORE CREDIT FOR THE CANCELLATION OF ANY PREORDER
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE