Brian De Palma’s inspired rock’n’roll fusion of Faust, The Phantom of the Opera and The Picture of Dorian Gray boasts an Oscar-nominated score by Paul Williams, who also stars as an evil record producer who not only steals the work of composer/performer Winslow Leach (William Finley) but gets him locked up in Sing Sing – and that’s not the worst that happens to him along the way.
– audio commentary with Jessica Harper, Gerrit Graham and the Juicy Fruits (Archie Hahn, Jeffrey Comanor, and Harold Oblong aka Peter Eibling) as a separate soundtrack.
– interview with Brian de Palma (33 min)
– interview with Paul Williams about the music in “Phantom in Paradise” (35 min)
– interview with make-up genius Tom Burman about the “Phantom Helmet” (4 min)
– interview with producer Edward R. Pressman (15 min)
-Alvin’s Art and Technology – A View of the Neon Poster (12 min)
– Guillermo del Toro interviews Paul Williams (72 min)
– The Swan Song Fiasco – An audiovisual investigation of post-production changes (12 min)
– Paradise Lost and Found – Alternative Footage and Film Errors (14 min)
– Original trailer
– Radio & TV spots
– Picture gallery