A cornerstone of the horror film, F.W. Murnau’s NOSFERATU is triumphantly reborn in this breathtaking new restoration by the F.W. Murnau Foundation.
Backed by an orchestral performance of Hans Erdmann’s 1922 score (recorded in 5.1 stereo surround), this Kino International edition presents Murnau’s
masterpiece with unprecedented clarity and faithfulness to the original release version. This double-disc collection presents the film with the original German intertitles as well as with newly-translated English intertitles. Accompanying the film is a 52-minute documentary by Luciano Berriatúa which provides a detailed account of the production and explores the filmmakers’ involvement in the occult.
- NTSC Region 1
- 2 Disc SE
• View the film with newly-translated English intertitles or the original German intertitles (with optional English subtitles)
• Hans Erdmann’s original 1922 score, available in 5.1 Stereo Surround or 2.0 Stereo
• The Language of Shadows: The Early Years and Nosferatu; a 52-minute documentary
• Nosferatu: Historic Film Meets Digital Restoration; a 3-minute documentary
• Lengthy excerpts from other films by F.W. Murnau: Journey Into the Night (1920), The Haunted Castle (1921), Phantom (1922), The Finances of the Grand Duke (1924), The Last Laugh (1924), Tartuffe (1925), Faust (1926), and Tabu (1931)
• Photo Gallery
• Scene Comparison
Germany 1922 94 Min. Color Tinted 1.33:1