YOU’LL NEED MORE THAN AN EXORCIST TO SAVE THE NIGHT CHILD
When a documentarian delves into the dark world of satanic art for a new film, he unearths a disturbing painting that leads him into a world of post-Exorcist Italo-Horror where cursed medallions, possessed children and the overwhelming power of the dark lord converge to create a visually stunning and wildly eccentric exploitation classic from Massimo Dallamano (Venus in Furs, What Have You Done With Solange?)
With Italian cult cinema child star Nicoletta Elmi (Who Saw Her Die?, A Bay of Blood) as the motherless, demon-demented daughter and Zombie Flesh Eaters’ Richard Johnson as the filmmaker searching for the evil truth, The Night Child is a perfect example of expertly shot, beautifully crafted B-cinema.
See a young girl descend into the hellish pit of demonic possession in The Night Child, a textbook example of 70s euro-horror from an Italian exploitation master.
PAL All Region
– New widescreen transfer in the original ratio
– Newly translated optional English subtitles
– Optional English and Italian audio tracks
– EXORCISM ITALIAN-STYLE: Author and critic Paolo Zelati, filmmaker Luigi Cozzi and screenwriter Antonio Tentori reflect on the brief boom in pasta-possession movies which rushed out of Rome in the wake of William Friedkin’s classic THE EXORCIST
– Original Italian and US trailers
– Collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Calum Waddell
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys