Murder In The Front Row: The San Francisco Bay Area Thrash Metal Story. In the early 1980’s, a small group of dedicated Bay Area headbangers shunned the hard rock of MTV and Hollywood hairspray bands in favor of a more dangerous brand of metal that became known as thrash! From the tape trading network to the clubs to the record stores and fanzines, director Adam Dubin reveals how the scene nurtured the music and the music spawned a movement. Murder In The Front Row is told through powerful first person testimony and stunning animation and photography. The film is a social study of a group of young people defying the odds and building something essential for themselves. Featuring interviews with Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Exodus, Testament, Death Angel, Possessed and many more! Narrated by Brian Posehn.
- 73 Minutes of bonus features include: 1. More Megadeth 2. Selling Thrash Metal 3. Ruthie’s Inn Bonus 4. Cliff Loves Death Angel 5. Ruthie’s Inn Bathroom 6. Death Angel Loves Metallica 7. Selvin Remembers Metallica 8. Battle Jacket 9. Brian and Harald Photography 10. Blood Brother 11. Brian’s 19th Birthday 12. Making An Exodus Demo 13. Gary Holt’s 1st Job 14. Kerry King’s Spikes 15. Music Influences 16. Tribute to Wes Robinson 17. Rock Stars Part 1 18. Rock Stars Part 2 19. Brian and Harald Photo Memories 20. Metal Memorabilia 21. Phil Demmel Year Book 22. Metal Director 23. Gary Holt on Cliff 24. Baloff Logo 25. Exodus Early Years 26. Tom Araya ‘Day in the Dirt’ 27. What European People Do 28. First Public Screening – by Lil Mike SF
- Stereo 5.1 Directors Commentary
- Subtitles in French, German, Spanish, Greek and Portuguese
- Includes two posters and stickers inside the package.
- Inspired by Harald Oimoen and Brian Lew’s photographic thrash archive of the scene Murder in the Front Row: Shots from the Bay Area Thrash Metal Epicenter
- Narrated by Brian Posehn