“Everybody loves Angela…but Angela’s married to da mob!” In a star-making performance, Michelle Pfeiffer (Scarface and The Age of Innocence) is suburban mafia housewife Angela de Marco in Jonathan Demme’s hit comedy Married to the Mob. When her unfaithful husband Frank “The Cucumber” (Alec Baldwin, Miami Blues and Beetlejuice) is iced by his boss Tony “The Tiger” Russo (Dean Stockwell, Blue Velvet and Paris, Texas), Angela flees her cloistered existence on Long Island for the big city, with several interested parties in hot pursuit: Tony, who’s smitten with Angela, Tony’s insanely jealous wife Connie (Mercedes Ruehl, The Fisher King and The Warriors) and FBI Agent Mike Downey (Matthew Modine, Full Metal Jacket and TV’s Stranger Things), who believes Angela is the key to locking Tony up for a very long time.
In between the beloved screwball thriller Something Wild and the Academy Award-winning The Silence of the Lambs, acclaimed auteur Demme helmed this sublime blend of madcap shenanigans, crime and social commentary, the type of genre balancing act he perfected throughout his varied and distinctive career. Inspired equally by the comedies of Preston Sturges and the real-life crimes of John Gotti, the screenplay by Barry Strugatz and Mark R. Burns is one of the great cinematic satires of the American mafia. It’s vividly brought to life by Demme, his steady creative collaborators—cinematographer Tak Fujimoto, editor Craig McKay and production designer Kristi Zea, a very game cast and a typically lights out soundtrack, featuring David Byrne, New Order, Q. Lazzarus, Debbie Harry, The Feelies, Tom Tom Club, Brian Eno and more! Married to the Mob has been restored in 2K from its original 35mm interpositive and comes loaded with a bevy of extra features created exclusively for this edition!
directed by: Jonathan Demme
starring: Michelle Pfeiffer, Matthew Modine, Dean Stockwell, Mercedes Ruehl
1988 / 104 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0
- Region A Blu-ray
- New 2K restoration from its 35mm interpositive
- “A Simple Appreciation of Life,” a newly filmed video interview with star Matthew Modine
- “It Barreled into My Life,” a newly filmed video interview with star Mercedes Ruehl
- “Writing Married to the Mob,” a newly filmed video interview with writers Barry Strugatz and Mark R. Burns
- Image gallery
- Theatrical trailer
- Booklet with new essays by writer and podcaster Jourdain Searles and DJ and writer Margaret Barton-Fumo
- Newly recorded audio commentary by Danielle Henderson and Millie De Chirico of the I Saw What You Did podcast
- English SDH subtitles