On a cold night in a remote cabin, an uneventful, impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman (David Lee Smith, CSI Miami , Fight Club) becomes something extraordinary when he makes a prodigious announcement: He is an immortal who has migrated through 140 centuries of evolution and now must move on. Is Oldman truly Cro-Magnon or simply insane? Now one man will force five scholars to confront their own notions of history, religion, science and humanity, all reading to a final revelation that may shatter their world forever.
John Billingsley (2012), William Katt (Carrie), Ellen Crawford ( ER ), Tony Todd (Candyman), Annika Peterson (The Devil You Know), Alexis Thorpe (American Wedding) and Richard Riehle (Bridesmaids) co-star in this provocative final work by renowned author Jerome Bixby (Fantastic Voyage, Star Trek , The Twilight Zone ) presented in this special anniversary edition of the worldwide cult smash that dazzled critics and audiences alike and resides among IMDb’s top science fiction films of all time.
NOTE FROM THE PRODUCERS REGARDING THE MAN FROM EARTH HD RESTORATION: Jerome Bixby’s The Man From Earth was originally shot on standard definition MiniDV (digital video) in January 2006 before the proliferation of high definition filmmaking. This special edition contains a high definition, newly remastered version of the film approved by the filmmakers which was completed using an up-conversion process from the original 172,800 pixels per frame MiniDV camera tapes to 2,073,600 pixels per frame of Full HD. The original DV 30 Mbps 29.97fps media was converted to a new ProRes 422 HQ 220 Mbps source at 24 fps for more cinematic motion and for more control and manipulation of the picture during an all new color correction process, with each shot meticulously noise reduced, sharpened, and detail enhanced.
DIRECTOR APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
· High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation (1.78:1) of the main feature
· Original 2.0 Stereo Audio (Uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray) and Dolby Digital 5.1
· Brand new feature-length retrospective documentary The Man From Earth: Legacy (HD, 88 mins) chronicling the history and the phenomenon of the film with all-new interviews with the director, producers and the cast
· Audio Commentary with Producer / Director Richard Schenkman and Actor John Billingsley
· Audio Commentary with Executive Producer Emerson Bixby and Author / Sci-Fi Scholar Gary Westfahl
· From Script To Screen (2007 featurette) [2:15, SD]
· Star Trek: Jerome Bixby’s Sci-Fi Legacy (2007 featurette) [3:28, SD]
· On The Set (2007 featurette) [4:00, SD]
· The Story of the Story (2007 featurette) [2:13, SD]
· The mini-short film Contagion (2016) [:30, HD] from the producer Eric D. WIlkinson and director of The Man From Earth, Richard Schenkman and starring William Katt
· Before / After comparison of the brand new HD digital restoration of the feature film
· Photo Gallery
· Original Theatrical Trailer [SD]
· The Man From Earth: Holocene Teaser Trailer [HD]
· Subtitles: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Farsi (Persian), Finnish, French, Greek, Hebrew, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Macedonian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Vietnamese
· English Closed Captioned