STEALING. CHEATING. KILLING.
WHO SAYS ROMANCE IS DEAD?
In 1993, action movie supremo Tony Scott teamed up with a hot new screenwriter named Quentin Tarantino to bring True Romance to the screen, one of the most beloved and widely-quoted films of the decade.
Elvis-worshipping comic book store employee Clarence Worley (Christian Slater) is minding his own business at a Sonny Chiba triple bill when Alabama Whitman (Patricia Arquette) walks into his life – and from then on, the two are inseparable. Within 24 hours, they’re married and on the run after Clarence is forced to kill Alabama’s possessive, psychopathic pimp. Driving a Cadillac across the country from Detroit to Hollywood, the newlyweds plan to sell off a suitcase full of stolen drugs to fund a new life for themselves… but little do they suspect that the cops and the Mafia are closing in on them. Will they escape and make their dream of a happy ending come true?
Breathtaking action set pieces and unforgettably snappy dialogue combine with a murderers’ row of sensational performances from a stunning ensemble cast in Scott and Tarantino’s blood-soaked, bullet-riddled valentine, finally restored in dazzling 4K with hours of brilliant bonus features.
4K DUAL FORMAT STEELBOOK EDITION CONTENTS
• New 4K restorations of both the Theatrical Cut and the Director’s Cut from the original camera negatives by Arrow Films
• 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation of both cuts
• Limited Edition SteelBook packaging with newly commissioned artwork by Sam Gilbey
• 32-page collectors’ booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Morgan and Nicholas Clement
• Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Audio commentary by director Tony Scott
• Audio commentary by writer Quentin Tarantino
• Audio commentary by stars Christian Slater & Patricia Arquette
• Audio commentary by critic Tim Lucas
• Select scene commentaries by stars Dennis Hopper, Val Kilmer, Brad Pitt and Michael Rapaport
• Brand new select scene commentaries by stars Bronson Pinchot and Saul Rubinek
• New interview with costume designer Susan Becker
• New interview with co-editor Michael Tronick
• New interview with co-composers Mark Mancina and John Van Tongeren
• New interview with Larry Taylor, author of Tony Scott: A Filmmaker on Fire
• Deleted scenes with optional commentary by Tony Scott
• Alternate ending with optional commentaries by Tony Scott and Quentin Tarantino
• Electronic press kit featurettes, behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Tony Scott, Christian Slater, Patricia Arquette, Dennis Hopper and Gary Oldman
• Trailers and TV spots
• Image galleries”