SHE CAN’T FOOL ALL THE FANS ALL OF THE TIME…
Corinne Burns (Diane Lane) is a typical frustrated teenager living in a nowhere town until she catches punk band the Looters. Bewitched by the whole punk scene, she and her fledgling band, the Stains, join the tour, and in no time at all become media magnets. The band forms a rabid following of young girls, while Corrine begins a relationship with Looters singer Billy (Ray Winstone). As the Stains get bigger and bigger, however, Corinne’s ambition gets the better of her.
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains, never received a formal theatrical release and was only seen on late-night cable, poor-quality bootlegs, or on rare occasions at film festivals. Yet somehow this 1981 film about a trio of misfit teenage girls who start a punk band went on to inspire a generation of female rockers.
Starring Diane Lane, Ray Winstone, Peter Donat, Laura Dern.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Audio commentary by director Lou Adler
- Audio commentary actors by Diane Lane and Laura Dern
- NEW Audio Commentary by film critic/author Lee Gambin and musician/journalist Allison Wolfe (Bratmobile, host of “I’m In The Band” podcast and co-founder of the Riot Grrrl movement)
- NEW Video Essay By Film Historian Kat Ellinger
- NEW Video essay by Sara Marcus (author of “Girls to the Front: The True Story of the Riot Grrrl Revolution”)
- NEW Audio Interview with actor Marin Kanter
- NEW Interview with actor Debbie Rochon
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- Original Aspect Ratio 1.78:1
- Audio English LPCM 2.0 / DTS-HD 5.1 audio
- English subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 1500 copies with unique artwork.