THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT
For over 50 years, Ingmar Bergman produced ground-breaking works of cinema that established him as one of the world’s most acclaimed, enduring and influential filmmakers.
Ingmar Bergman: Volume 1 marks the first of a four volume celebration of the auteur’s work – available on Blu-ray for the first time in the UK – and reflects on the opening stages of Bergman’s career.
Presented over five discs, the set features 2K restorations of eight early films written or directed by Bergman. Including initial partnerships with regular collaborators (such as cinematographer Gunnar Fischer and actor Birger Malmsten), these early works exhibit his burgeoning talents, introducing themes and tones that he would continue to develop over the next five decades.
- Torment (Dir. Alf Sjöberg | Scr. Ingmar Bergman, 1944)
- Crisis (1946)
- Eva (Dir. Gustaf Molander | Scr. Ingmar Bergman, 1948
- Music in Darkness (1948)
- Port of Call (1948)
- Prison (1949)
- Three Strange Loves (1949)
- To Joy (1950))
- 5-Blu-ray set featuring 2K restorations of all 8 films
- Perfect-bound book featuring new essays by Jan Holmberg (CEO of the Ingmar Bergman Foundation), Philip Kemp, Geoff Andrew, Jessica Kiang, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Kat Ellinger, and Laura Hubner
- Limited edition (5,000 units)
- Newly commissioned artwork by Andrew Bannister
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT WILL SHIP IN LATE JULY 2021
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER
AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE
ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
WE ONLY OFFER STORE CREDIT FOR THE CANCELLATION OF ANY PREORDER
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE