“Following in the footsteps of Francis Ford Coppola and Peter Bogdanovich, Roger Corman protégé Carl Colpaert (The Crew) made his directorial debut by combining repurposed excerpts from a foreign film – in this case, Mamoru Oshii’s (Ghost In The Shell) spellbinding 1985 anime Angel’s Egg – with new live-action footage shot in America. The result is In The Aftermath, a haunting post-apocalyptic vision like no other.
In a radiation-soaked wasteland, two surviving soldiers, Frank and Goose, search for essential supplies amid the rubble. After a violent confrontation, Frank is haunted by visions of an angelic young girl holding a giant egg, herself a refugee from another world altogether. Could the egg be the key to saving both their worlds?
A unique mash-up of 1980s B-movie nuclear paranoia and hauntingly lyrical animation, In The Aftermath is presented in a stunning new restoration that highlights Oshii’s visionary genius and Colpaert’s low-budget ingenuity.
• Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
• High Definition Blu-ray™ (1080p) presentation
• Original uncompressed stereo PCM audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• The Path To Aftermath, a newly filmed interview with producer Tom Dugan
• Apocalypse Then, a newly filmed interview with star Tony Markes
• Before The Aftermath: The Influence of Angel’s Egg, a new appreciation of Mamoru Oshii’s original film by anime expert Andrew Osmond (author of Arrow Books’ Ghost In The Shell)
• Still and poster gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Corey Brickley