Five outgoing reporters with mental and physical
disabilities hit the road, traveling coast to coast in a hand-painted RV,
interviewing everyone they meet. Follow the news team as they explore honky-tonk
bars in Nashville, alligator farms in Arkansas, the Grand Canyon and the wild
streets of Americas cities and towns. Unassuming, funny, and genuine to the
core, this is not your typical news show.
Awards include Official Selection of the Toronto International Film
Festival; WinnerAudience Award and Best FeatureJust For Laughs Film
Festival; WinnerBest of Festival and Audience AwardWoods Hole Film
The film had a limited theatrical run and debuted in 2002 as part of the
Cinemax Reel Life series. It has been rebroadcast several times.
The Hows Your News? theme song is featured on the Howard Stern show in
the Robin Givens news segment daily and Stern frequently talks about HYN.
- NTSC Region 1
- Interview by HYN reporters with executive producers Matt Stone and Trey
Parker (South Park) about their involvement in and enthusiasm for Hows
- Original 24-minute pilot episode filmed in 1998.
- Independent Film Channels series Split Screen featurette on the
- HYN reporter Rons meeting with Chad Everett after the film wrapped.
- Film festival and post-screening concerts video.
- Audio presentation of NPR radio show ‘This American Life’s
insightful story about HYN.