Brand New 4K Restoration – Supervised by the Film’s Director! From the director of Repo Man, Sid and Nancy, Straight to Hell and Walker comes “Maverick Director Alex Cox’s Finest Film to Date” (Los Angeles Times). Against his father’s wishes, Pedro (Roberto Sosa, Man on Fire), a naïve kid from Mexico City, joins the Federal Highway Patrol. His simple desire to do good rapidly comes into conflict with the reality of police work in a lonely rural environment populated by poor farmers, rich drug dealers, beautiful women—and his father’s ghost. The wonderful cast includes Bruno Bichir (Sicario: Day of the Soldado), Vanessa Bauche (Amores Perros), Ernesto Gómez Cruz (The Crime of Padre Amaro), Mike Moroff (From Dusk Till Dawn) and Pedro Armendáriz Jr. (Once Upon a Time in Mexico).
• 2018 intro by Alex Cox
• Audio Commentary by director Alex Cox and writer/producer Lorenzo O’Brien
• Patrulleros & Patrulleras – Featurette (35:48)
• Edge City – Short film by Alex Cox -aka- “Sleep Is for Sissies” (35:47)
• From Edge City to Mapimi – Featurette (5:31)
• 2018 Re-release Trailer
• Newly Commissioned Art by Jacob Phillips