From director Mario Bava, the Godfather of Italian horror, comes Hatchet for the Honeymoon, a superlative early 70s slasher which places us and the erstwhile filmmaker back in the realm of the Gialli feature, a cinematic sub-genre he practically invented.
With echoes of Psycho (1960) and Peeping Tom (1960), this unsettling production sees troubled protagonist John Harrington (Stephen Forsythe) turning to a life of serial killing. Refused a divorce by his uncaring wife, and haunted by childhood trauma John takes out his murderous frustrations on a string of would-be brides who innocently cross his path.
Undoubtedly an influence on later movies like Maniac (1980), and a host of other chillers, this often-overlooked piece from one of Europe’s finest, is a smart, beautifully stylised, gory delight.
- Limited edition – 2000 Units Only
- Includes Rigid Slipcase with New Artwork From Colin Murdoch
- 40 Page Perfect Bound Book featuring “Don’t Stain the Staircase” – By Barry Forshaw and “Un-American Psycho: On the Trail of the European Movie Maniac” by Andrew Graves
- A3 Fold-out Poster
- Remastered HD Transfer from the 35mm Internegative with additional Cleanup performed by 88 Films.
- High Definition (1080p) Presentation in 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
- 2.0 Dual Mono DTS-HD Master Audio English Soundtrack
- Audio Commentary by Giallo Cinema Export Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- Meet the Bavas – An Interview with Renowned Director Lamberto Bava
- Working With A Master – An Interview with Assistant Camerman Gianlorenzo Battaglia
- English Trailer
- Reversible sleeve with Classic Poster Artwork
- Region Code: B
- Audio: DTS-HD MA Mono
- Picture: 1080p HD 1.85:1
- Runtime: 88 mins approx
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English
THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT