Before he wowed audiences with such stunning and controversial international arthouse hits such as THE COOK, THE THIEF, HIS WIFE AND HER LOVER, THE PILLOW BOOK and PROSPERO’S BOOKS, Peter Greenaway concocted a series of seven witty and inventive short films (A WALK THROUGH H, H IS FOR HOUSE, WINDOWS, INTERVALS, DEAR PHONE, WATER WRACKETS and VERTICAL FEATURES REMAKE), as well as his first spectacular feature magnum opus, THE FALLS. These eight cinematic gems are now available for first time in the US in a gorgeously-packaged two-disc box set. Both are packed with additional content—including hundreds of original paintings by Greenaway, original video pieces and tons of archival material.
Contains both GREENAWAY: THE FALLS and GREENAWAY: THE SHORTS.
- NTSC Region 1
- 2 Disc Set
- New Transfers of All Films
- Video pieces about each film created by Greenaway especially for the DVD release
- Extensive collection of Greenaway’s paintings and collages from 1968-1978, and notes for unmade projects
- Original BFI production catalogue essay and the original press book for all of the early Greenaway films
- Extensive collection of Greenaway’s paintings from 1975–1990 and archival materials on The Falls
- Liner notes by Peter Greenaway