From South Korea comes this wild take on Sergio Leone’s classic spaghetti Western The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. It’s 1930s Manchuria and greed is in the air. A manic outlaw, a nasty holy man and a determined bounty hunter are all in hot pursuit of a treasure map. Throw in Chinese gangsters, the Japanese army and other rival factions also in pursuit of the invaluable map, and it all comes down to a you’ve-got-to-see-it-to-believe-it showdown in the desert. One of the most expensive films ever made in South Korea, THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD was the talk of festivals worldwide and won such prizes as the Asia Pacific Screen Award for its cinematography and the Asian Film Award for Best Supporting Actor (Jung Woo-sung).
• Starring Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra)
• From writer/director Ji-woon Kim (A Tale of Two Sisters).
• A big budget Western action/adventure film filled with martial arts and laughs.
• Nominated for Best Film and winner of Best Director at the Sitges Film Festival
• Nominated for 13 Asian Film awards in 2008 including Best Picture and Director
- NTSC Region 1
- Korean with English Subtitles
- International Trailer and Teaser
- International TV spots
- Making Of
- Cannes Highlights