From the notorious Umberto Lenzi (Nightmare City) comes Free Hand For A Tough Cop, the film that introduced Tomas Milian’s legendary ‘Monnezza’ (A.K.A Garbage Can) to audiences around the world. When the critically ill daughter of a prominent family is kidnapped by a ruthless band of thugs, Inspector Sarti (Claudio Cassinelli, Suspected Death Of A Minor) is forced to bend the rules and oversees the prison break of Sergio ‘Monnezza’ Marazzi (Tomas Milian, Brothers Till We Die), a lowlife criminal with deep roots in the criminal underworld. The unlikely duo team-up in hopes of retrieving the girl and catching the infamous Brescianelli (Henry Silva, Almost Human), the crime boss behind the kidnapping, before time runs out.
Finally making its UK debut, Fractured Visions is proud to present Free Hand For A Tough Cop, a much-loved Euro Crime classic that spawned other genre staples like Umberto Lenzi’s Brothers Till We Die and Stelvio Massi’s Destruction Force. It all started here!
- 2K Restoration from the Original Camera Negative
- Original Italian Mono Audio with newly translated English subtitles
- English Mono Audio
- Cops and Robbers: An Interview with Nino Celeste
- No Small Roles: An Interview with Corrado Solari
- Producing Mayhem: An Interview with Ugo Tucci
- Portrait of a Daughter: An Interview with Alessandra Lenzi
- Audio Commentary with Euro Crime producer Mike Martinez
- Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- Monnezza’s Machine: A new video essay by film writer Francesco Massaccesi
LIMITED EDITION OF 3,000
- Collector’s Edition Slipcase
- 6 Art Cards
- Special Collector’s Booklet with new writing by Austin Fisher & text interview with Umberto Lenzi by Eugenio Eroc0lani