Unique to this line, each hand numbered limited edition release will come fitted in a specially designed, bottom loading VHS inspired slipcase, while also including a double-sided poster.
These releases will ONLY be available on our website and at participating indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them. This slipcase edition is strictly limited to 5,000 units and may (but probably not) be followed by a standard edition in the future.
Justin Vanier (Billy Blanks) is a highly trained and deadly agent for an elite police force known as the Federal Security Bureau. After a fellow undercover agent turns up dead, Justin is recruited to infiltrate a high tech martial arts training facility known as the Virtual Arts Academy, where students are trained in combat situations using virtual reality. Once inside the facility, Justin is to make contact with another undercover agent named Eric (Jalal Merhi) who believes that the academy is really a front for a team of hired assassins run by their power hungry leader, Warbeck. With fear of their covers getting blown, Justin and Eric must face off with computer generated opponents in a series of simulated fights that have real-life consequences.
Featuring state-of-the-art computer graphics for the time, EXPECT NO MERCY puts a unique spin on the virtual reality films that were popular in the 90s. Featuring no-holds-barred martial arts action and solid performances from Billy Blanks (TC 2000), Jalal Merhi (Tiger Claws), and the lovely Laurie Holden (TV’s The Walking Dead). Vinegar Syndrome Archive is proud to present this truly one-of-a-kind martial arts experience on Blu-ray and restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative.
directed by: Zale Dalen
starring: STARRING Billy Blanks, Jalal Merhi, Wolf Larson, Laurie Holden, Anthony De Longis
1995 / 91 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
• Region Free Blu-ray
• Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
• Commentary track with producer/actor Jalal Merhi • Commentary track with director Zale Dalen
• “Pan the Camera” – an interview with actor Billy Blanks and Jalal Merhi
• “I Like Telling Stories” – an interview with director Zale Dalen
• “Physical Dialogue” – an interview with actor Anthony De Longis
• Original video trailers
• EXPECT NO MERCY: The Video Game – trailer, intro and play-through for the Windows 3.1 video game based on the movie
• Limited edition of 5,000
• Double-sided poster • Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles