Seijun Suzuki’s Detective Bureau 2-3: Go to Hell Bastards! is a hard hitting, rapid-fire yakuza film that redefined the Japanese crime drama.
Detective Tajima (Shishido) is tasked with tracking down a consignment of stolen firearms, as the investigation progresses things take an anarchic, blood-drenched grudge match.
Rapidly paced, darkly funny, and extremely stylish, Detective Bureau 2-3: Go to Hell Bastards! is unlike anything seen before and rightly deserves its cult status. Suzuki’s send up of post-war greed would go on to cement his domestic and international status as one of the leading directors to come out of Japan.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray presentation Region A for North America
• DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
• Newly translated optional English subtitles
• Interview with historian and Japanese cinema expert Tony Rayns
• Gallery of original production stills
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matthew Griffin