More delightfully sick humor from Bartel (EATING RAOUL). In a boorish future, the government sponsors a popular, but bloody, cross-country race in which points are scored by mowing down pedestrians–with bonus points for the elderly! Five teams, each comprised of a male and female, compete using cars equipped with deadly weapons. Frankenstein,the mysterious returning champion, has become America’s hero, but this time he has a passenger from the underground resistance. A legendary cult film.
- Special Features Include:
* Audio commentaries:
o Roger Corman and Mary Woronov
o Assistant director Lewis Teague and editor Tina Hirsch
* David on Death Race: A brief look back from star David Carradine
recorded in 2008
* Playing the Game: Looking Back at “Death Race 2000”
* Ready to Wear: In-depth interview costume designer Jane Ruhm on
her inventive work for this film and other Roger Corman classics
* Designing Dystopia!: A detailed look at the film’s futuristic
landscapes and now-classic race cars with co-art director B.B. Neel,
car designer James Powers and car constructor Dean Jeffries.
* Start Your Engine!: How the world of Death Race 2000 came to
life, interview with original story creator Ib Melchior
* Killer Score: An all-new interview with composer Paul Chihara on
the creation of the film’s eclectic score, which was also his first
feature film composition.
* Leonard Maltin interviews Roger Corman about Death Race 2000
* Original theatrical trailer
* Original theatrical trailer with commentary by filmmaker John
Landis, courtesy of trailersfromhell.com
* Collectible 12-page booklet
* New World trailers