THIS IS A REGION B DISC. PLEASE SEE THE FAQ IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOU CAN PLAY IT
Illicit passion, greed, robbery, and murder collide in Criss Cross, a crime suspense tale from a true master of the genre, Robert Siodmak (The Killers).
Steve Thompson (Burt Lancaster Novecento, Birdman of Alcatraz) is a hardworking armoured car driver with a fatal attraction to his ex-wife Anna (Yvonne DeCarlo The Munsters), who’s now married to notorious hoodlum Slim Dundee (Dan Duryea Winchester 73). Unable to stay away from her, Steve has a secret tryst with Anna … only to be discovered by Dundee. To cover up their affair, Steve convinces Dundee that he only met with Anna to get Dundee’s help in robbing an upcoming payroll shipment he will be driving. The hood falls for the ruse, which triggers a series of harrowing events that ultimately lead to violence and death.
From a new 4K restoration, The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present this essential film noir in its UK debut on Blu-ray.
BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- New 4K digital restoration from the original camera negative
- Uncompressed LPCM monaural audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature
- New audio commentary by film author Lee Gambin and actress Rutanya Alda
- New audio commentary by film scholar Adrian Martin
- Screen Director’s Playhouse radio adaptation from 1949, featuring Burt Lancaster
- Isolated music & effects track
- Theatrical trailer
- A collector s booklet featuring new writing by film historian Kat Ellinger; an essay by Adam Batty; archival writing and imagery