Jeremy Irons stars as John, a British journalist living in Hong Kong. John has fallen in love with Vivian (Li), a bartender with a jaded past. Vivian is eager to secure her position in Hong Kong society and wants her successful boyfriend Chang to marry her. When Chang proves to be indecisive about their relationship, Vivian turns to John. Giving into their feelings for a brief but passionate affair, they now face inevitable change and unexpected obstacles in this touching and compelling film.
Director Wayne Wang (The Joy Luck Club) creates a cinematic “love letter” to his native island Hong Kong.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- New 2020 1080p High definition 2K restoration
- Audio commentary with co-writer / director Wayne Wang and critic Roger Garcia
- New featurette on Wayne Wang (2021)
- New composer featurette (2021)
- “Chinese Box Home Movies” featurette
- Original aspect ratio 1.85:1
- Theatrical Trailer
- English Dolby Digital 2.0
- Optional English subtitles
- Limited Edition slipcase on the first 2000 copies with unique artwork.