Costa’s auspicious debut demonstrates his love and knowledge of both classical Hollywood and European art cinema. Costa explores the plight
of two brothers as they attempt to come to terms with the death of their father and the legacy of violence and debt he has left behind.
Shot in startling monochrome, Costa has created a lushly stylized romantic fable. Blood stands apart from his later ‘neo-realist’ works, but is uniquely formed work of Art in its own right.
- Import DVD
- PAL Region 2
- New filmed interview with director Pedro Costa (Second Run exclusive)
- Joao Bénard on Pedro Costa (16 mins)
- All-new HD transfer with restored picture and sound
- Optimal quality dual layer disc
- Booklet featuring new essays