During the late 1970’s in Pittsburgh an ambitious and intrepid trio of filmmakers pooled their resources together and came up with just enough money to make their first feature-length narrative film. Originally called THE MANIPULATOR, and later re-titled EFFECTS, the movie was finished but sat unreleased for nearly 25 years.
In 2005, EFFECTS was finally unveiled to movie-goers world- wide, and Red Shirt Pictures was brought on to document the movie’s long and winding road to release.
With AFTEREFFECTS: MEMORIES OF PITTSBURGH FILMMAKING, many of the film’s cast & crew re-unite to discuss not only the making of the movie but their experiences in the fledgling independent film industry in Pittsburgh in the 1970s.
LIMITED TO JUST 1000 COPIES
- Limited Slipcover
- Exclusive Feature-Length Edition with over 15 minutes of never-before-seen interview footage
- Audio Commentary with Editor & Director Michael Felsher
- Poolside With George – A Selection of Interview Clips with Filmmaker George A.Romero
- Outtakes & Deleted Moments with Cast & Crew
- Effects at the Warhol – Highlights from a one-time-only 2005 screening of “Effects” and “AfterEffects” at the Warhol Museum in Pittsburgh
- Vintage DVD Release Trailer for “Effects” from 2005
- Collector’s Booklet featuring all-new tributes to Pasquale Buba, Joseph Pilato, and George A. Romero
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 7/2021
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER
AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE
ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
WE ONLY OFFER STORE CREDIT FOR THE CANCELLATION OF ANY PREORDER
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE