“THE FUTURE IS HISTORY
Following the commercial and critical success of The Fisher King, Terry Gilliam’s next feature would turn to science fiction and a screenplay by Janet and David Peoples (Blade Runner, Unforgiven) inspired by Chris Marker’s classic short film La Jetée.
In 1996, a deadly virus is unleashed by a group calling themselves the Army of the Twelve Monkeys, destroying much of the world’s population and forcing survivors underground. In 2035, prisoner James Cole (Bruce Willis, Die Hard) is chosen to go back in time and help scientists in their search for a cure.
Featuring an Oscar-nominated turn by Brad Pitt (Fight Club) as mental patient Jeffrey Goines, Twelve Monkeys would become Gilliam’s most successful film and is now widely regarded as a sci-fi classic.
LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK + RIGID SLIPCASE CONTENTS
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
– Optional DTS 5.1 Master Audio and 2.0 stereo soundtracks
– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
– Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven
– The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)
– The Film Exchange with Terry Gilliam, a 1996 interview with Gilliam and film critic Jonathan Romney, recorded at the London Film Festival
– Appreciation by Ian Christie, author of Gilliam on Gilliam
– The Twelve Monkeys Archives
– Theatrical trailer
– Limited edition Steelbook and rigid slipcase featuring newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
– Double-sided fold-out poster
– Limited edition booklet featuring writing on the film by Rabin, and an excerpt of Gilliam on Gilliam by Ian Christie”