“BEYOND THE POWER OF AN EXORCIST
The mid-1970s saw the rise in popularity of films centring on the subject of parapsychology, led by Carrie – Brian De Palma’s classic tale of telekinetic terror. Precognition, or future sight, would be the topic under exploration in Robert Allen Schnitzer’s contribution to the psychic craze: the chilling and much-overlooked The Premonition.
Mother Sheri Bennett (Sharon Farrell, Night of the Comet, Sweet Sixteen) is assailed by terrifying visions in which a strange woman attempts to steal away her five-year-old daughter Janie. Are these bizarre occurrences the result of some sort of mental disturbance, or is something much more sinister afoot?
Featuring a haunting score from accomplished classical composer Henry Mollicone, The Premonition has remained unjustly obscure over the years but is heralded as a true classic of ’70s US horror moviemaking by genre aficionados.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• 2K restoration from original film elements
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Mono Audio
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Introduction to the film by Nightmare USA author Stephen Thrower
• Isolated Score
• Audio commentary with producer-director Robert Allen Schnitzer
• Pictures from a Premonition – brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with Schnitzer, composer Henry Mollicone and cinematographer Victor Milt
• Archive interviews with Schnitzer and star Richard Lynch
• Trailers and TV Spots
• Three Robert Allen Schnitzer short films: Vernal Equinox, Terminal Point and A Rumbling in the Land
• 4 “Peace Spots”
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by The Twins of Evil
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 12/5/2017
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE