Perhaps the most unclassifiable of filmmaker George A. Romero’s works, 1972’s Season of the Witch sees the Night of the Living Dead filmmaker returning to the realm of the supernatural for this bewitching tale of a housewife driven to an interest in the dark arts.
On the surface, Joan Mitchell has it all – family, friends, and a beautiful home equipped with all the latest appliances. But when a neighbour educates her on the practice of witchcraft, Joan believes she’s discovered the perfect antidote to her monotonous suburban existence, and embarks upon a dark path that will lead to a shocking conclusion.
Filmed as Jack’s Wife and subsequently cut down and retitled Hungry Wives for its theatrical release in an attempt to market it as a sexploitation film, Season of the Witch is arguably one of Romero’s most overlooked films – an intimate and thought-provoking character study that serves as the perfect companion piece to his later Martin.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Brand new 4K restoration of the original theatrical version from the camera negative [90 mins]
• Alternate extended version [104 mins]
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Uncompressed PCM Mono Audio
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary by Travis Crawford
• When Romero Met Del Toro – filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro in conversation with George Romero
• The Secret Life of Jack’s Wife – archive interview with actress Jan White
• Alternate Opening Titles
• Location Gallery with audio commentary by Romero historian Lawrence DeVincentz
• Memorabilia Gallery
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Gilles Vranckx
THIS IS A PREORDER DISC THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 3/13/2018
ALL ITEMS ORDERED TOGETHER WILL BE CHARGED AT THE TIME OF THE ORDER
AND SHIP TOGETHER WHEN EVERYTHING IS IN STOCK. PLEASE PLACE MULTIPLE
ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE ITEMS SHIPPED AS THEY ARRIVE
SORRY, BUT WE CANNOT ACCEPT CANCELLATIONS OF PREORDERS
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE