Praised for his contemplative lyricism and character-driven authenticity, writer-director Aaron Katz now stands at the vanguard of American cinema’s new wave of forward-thinking independents.
In his deceptively simple Quiet City, twentysomething Jamie arrives in New York and meets a kindly stranger named Charlie. An unlikely connection is formed over the next 24 hours through city parks, abandoned apartments, and art galleries throughout industrial Brooklyn. Achingly sincere and shot with a painterly eye, Katz’s approach is refreshingly devoid of romantic clichés.
Also included: Katz’s impressionistic and tenderly heartbreaking debut, Dance Party, USA—hailed as “one of the best films of the year” (The New York Sun).
This 2-DVD set contains his first two features, DANCE PARTY, USA (2006) and QUIET CITY (2007)
- NTSC Region 1
DISC 1: QUIET CITY
• Director commentary, with contributions from producers Ben Stambler and Brendan McFadden, and cinematographer Andrew Reed
• Cast commentary with Erin Fisher and Chris Lankenau
• Joe Swanberg’s Quiet City: a short-film prank by the director of LOL
• The Music of Quiet City: clips and interviews with composer Keegan Dewitt
• Footage from the NYC premiere of Quiet City
• Quiet City trailer
DISC 2: DANCE PARTY, USA
• Director commentary, with contributions from producers Brendan McFadden and Marc Ripper
• Cast commentary with Anna Kavan, Cole Pennsinger, Ryan White, Brendan McFadden, and director Aaron Katz
• Alternative and extended scenes, with commentary by Aaron Katz and editor Zach Clark
• The Lunch Hour: an early short film by Aaron Katz, with commentary by Katz and star/composer Keegan Dewitt
PLUS: Two new essays by film professor Ray Carney (Cassavetes on Cassavetes), and film critic Ray Pride (Movie City News, Salon.com, Newcity Chicago)
THIS IS A PREORDER DVD THAT IS DUE TO BE RELEASED ON OR ABOUT 1/29/2008
ORDER NOW AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL THE ITEM SHIPS
YOU CAN ORDER OTHER ITEMS AS WELL AND CHOOSE TO SHIP THEM NOW
SORRY, BUT WE CANNOT ACCEPT CANCELLATIONS OF PREORDERS
ALL DETAILS, INCLUDING RELEASE DATE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE