Set in 1795 England, And Now the Screaming Starts! tells the tale of blissful newlyweds Catherine (Stephanie Beacham) and Charles Fengriffen (Ian Ogilvy) who move into his ancestral family mansion. On their wedding night, Catherine is raped by a malevolent spirit. She is further plagued by a series of haunting visions involving an eyeless woodsman and a murderous disembodied hand.
Can a savage act of depravity and violence committed by one of Charles’ ancestors be to blame? Charles fears that his bride is going insane and calls for Doctor Whittle (Patrick Magee). Unable to help Catherine overcome her visions, Dr. Whittle calls for assistance from a fellow practitioner, Dr. Pope (Peter Cushing), who uses reason and logic to combat what he assumes is a mental disorder. In time, Dr. Pope finds himself fighting a losing battle against the forces of the supernatural carrying out a bloody family curse.
Directed by Roy Ward Baker (Asylum, The Vault of Horror, The Monster Club) and produced by Amicus stalwarts Max J. Rosenberg and Milton Subotsky, And Now the Screaming Starts! has been mastered in High Definition from 35mm vault materials.
- NTSC All Region
- New Hi-Def 16x9 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer from 35mm negative
- Commentary by director Roy Ward Baker & actor Stephanie Beacham
- Commentary by actor Ian Ogilvy
- Trailers for “And Now The Screaming Starts,” “Asylum,” and “The Beast Must Die”
- Still Gallery
- Bios for Baker, Beacham, Ogilvy, Peter Cushing, Herbert Lom, Milton Subotsky & Max J. Rosenberg
- Liner Notes